22nd SuSanA meeting, 27 August 2016 - Recordings and presentations now available

10.6k views

Page selection:
  • christoph
  • Sanitary engineer with base in Brazil and Peru, doing consultancy in other countries of LA

Re: 22nd SuSanA meeting, 27 August 2016 - Recordings and presentations now available

Dear all.

I used some time today to inform myself about the Susana meeting in Stockholm.

I want to thank those who worked on having that online. Very nicely and professionally filmed, I really got the impression that I was participating online.

For those who might want to be quicker than some hours I put here some ideas when is what ..
I would like to give you some ideas what I personally liked from what I saw (I scrolled through).

I enjoyed to see many actors from this forum during the presentation (first 10 min of session 1).

For me the presentation of Kenia up scaling was VERY interesting and impressing (second session from 0:46 on).

I really liked the REVAMP presentation to have an idea how calculated approaches to estimate values of reuse products could be (session 3 first 15 min)

If you are interested to learn something about the change from MDG to SDG.. I can highly recommend the talk from Roland Schertenleib (Session 3 from minute 25)

and the next presentation form Kim (SEI) is an analysis what does fulfilling SDG mean If we would like to do it right (session 3 from 53 min on).

From hour 1:13 in session 3 Daniela Krahl from the German Ministry of Development gave an insight in the UN architecture and the related problems concerning positioning of water. I did not know that water does not have his own UN group.

As I said ...just my perspective of what is of my special interest, so I apologize for omitting others which are equally important and interesting from another perspective.

Regards
Christoph
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • annetempel
    Topic Author
  • I work for GIZ's sustainable sanitation programme

Re: 22nd SuSanA meeting, 27 August 2016 - Presentations and recordings available

Dear all,
thank you for joining the 22nd SuSanA meeting! More than 50 participants filled the meeting room at SEI and we had rich discussions about the urban sanitation challenge, sanitation in emergencies, behaviour change and SuSanA's contribution to the 2030 agenda.

More than 100 people from around the world followed us via the live stream.

Thanks again to SEI for hosting this excellent meeting!

I am happy to let you know that the recordings and all presentations of the meeting are now online at the SuSanA website:

www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm

Presentations and documentation of the various WG meetings that took place will be uploaded in the upcoming days.

Please share you feedback and comments!

Best regards and already looking forward to the 23rd SuSanA meeting,

Anne (on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat)
GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Division for Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

The following user(s) like this post: chamia

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Livestream: 22nd SuSanA meeting, 27 August 2016 - and SuSanA events at World Water Week in Stockholm

If you have a bit of time this Saturday, click on the Youtube link to see the SuSanA meeting streaming live from Stockholm right now!:

or direct link:

Great to see that this is working so well.

To interact, use twitter with the hashtag #22susana
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: Doreen

• annetempel
    Topic Author

Re: Livestream: 22nd SuSanA meeting, 27 August 2016 - and SuSanA events at World Water Week in Stockholm

Dear all,
the livestream for the 22nd SuSanA meeting is now embedded on the SuSanA website and the countdown has started..The livestream will start on Saturday, 27 August at 9.30h (CEST) - Make sure to tune in!

..and use twitter to send us your comments #22susana

Best regards,

Annkathrin (on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat)

The following user(s) like this post: Doreen

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: 22nd SuSanA meeting, 27 August 2016 - and SuSanA events at World Water Week in Stockholm

Dear SuSanA community,

the Flyer for the SuSanA related events at this year's Stockholm World Water Week is now available!

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Kind regards,
Antonio

--
Antonio Seoane Dominguez
on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany

Follow SuSanA on: www.susana.org, www.facebook.com/susana.org, forum.susana.org
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) like this post: cecile

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: 22nd SuSanA meeting, 27 August 2016 - and SuSanA events at World Water Week in Stockholm

Dear all,

the current SuSanA Meeting Agenda for the World Water Week in Stockholm can be found here:

For interested people not able to join the meeting in Stockholm, we will broadcast a live stream as well as live Twitter updates using the Hashtag #22susana

We will also be hosting an information booth at the World Water Week. You can find the Booth location (No.44) here:
www.worldwaterweek.org/wp-content/upload...SIWI_WWW_venuex2.jpg

Best regards,
Antonio

Antonio Seoane Dominguez
on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany

Follow SuSanA on: www.susana.org, www.facebook.com/susana.org, forum.susana.org
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

The following user(s) like this post: cecile

• annetempel
    Topic Author

Dear all,

a first draft agenda of the upcoming 22nd SuSanA meeting is now available on the meeting page: www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm

Please check it out and make sure to register for the meeting, in case you have not done yet: www.susana.org/en/registration-22nd-susana-meeting

For all of you that are not able to attend, we will have a livestream in place and will organise a Twitter Chat, where you can post your comments and questions.

Best regards,

The following user(s) like this post: Jona

• annetempel
    Topic Author

Dear SuSanA community,

I am pleased to let you know that SuSanA is having an exhibtion booth at this year's World Water Week in Stockholm.

All SuSanA partners that are interested to display a few publications are welcome to write us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Our booth is No. 44 and located in Folkets Hus: www.worldwaterweek.org/wp-content/upload...WWW-Map-of-venue.pdf

I am much looking forward to seeing many of you in Stockholm.

Best regards,

The following user(s) like this post: cecile, ddiba, Jona

• annetempel
    Topic Author

22nd SuSanA meeting, 27 August 2016 - Recordings and presentations now available

Dear all,

we are pleased to let you know that 22nd SuSanA meeting will take place on 27 August 2016 prior to the World Water Week (WWW)in Stockholm, Sweden.

Furthermore, several SuSanA working group Meetings and a SFD meeting are scheduled during the week:

• SFD-it’s use and potential in the sanitation sector (working title) - Friday, August 26 (14:00-18:00h)
  • WG 1 (Capacity Development) - Linked to the session "Attracting, engaging and developing the capacity of water professionals" August 30, 14:00-15:30h (Room 352)
  • WG 2 (Market Development) - August 28, 14:00-15:30h
  • WG 7 (WASH in Schools) - August 30, 9:00 to 10:30h (Room 352)
  • WG 8 (Emergency and Reconstruction situation) - Linked to the session “Opportunities & Limitations of Market-based Programming to Address Humanitarian WASH Needs” August 30, 11:00-12:30h (Room 352)
  • WG 12 (WASH & Nutrition) - Linked to the session “Upscaling the WASH-Nutrition Nexus for Sustainable (Body) Growth” - August 30, 14:00-15:30h (Room 362)

The registration for the SuSanA meeting is free of charge, but you must cover your own travel expenses and accommodation. Please note that SuSanA secretariat does not provide financial support to attend this event.

Your registration will assist us in the preparation of the meeting, so we request all attendees to register for this reason. Please feel free to contact the SuSanA secretariat at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for any queries.

Please register here:http://www.susana.org/en/registration-22nd-susana-meeting

More Information about the SuSanA Events in Stockholm are available here: www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm

We are looking forward to receiving your registration and seeing many of you in Stockholm!

Best regards,

Anne

The following user(s) like this post: Doreen, cecile

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds