New logo for the SuSanA discussion forum - final version (May 2015)

16.3k views

Page selection:
  • samantabb
  • My areas of specialization: Community Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene. My areas of interest: Situation analysis, Project Planning, Appraisal and Evaluation, School Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion

Re: New logo for the SuSanA discussion forum - final version (May 2015)

Option 1a looks better. BBSamanta
B. B. Samanta, PhD
(The theme of my PhD related to technology transfer in rural water supply and sanitation in India with focus on the role of UNICEF, Berhampur University, India (1997))

Consultant, formerly UNICEF
Odisha, India

Post-graduate Diploma in Community Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene from Loughborough University of Technology, UK (1993)

Post-graduate Diploma in National Economic Planning (Regional Planning Specialization) from Central School of Planning & Statistics, Warsaw, Poland (1973)

Master of Commerce (Economics specialization) from Allahabad University, India (1963)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • KaiMikkel
  • Toilet Activist

Re: New logo for the SuSanA discussion forum?

Looks good!
Kai Mikkel Førlie

Founding Member of Water-Wise Vermont (formerly Vermonters Against Toxic Sludge)

• Carol McCreary
  • I'm a volunteer at PHLUSH (Public Hygiene Lets Us Stay Human) www.phlush.org

Re: New logo for the SuSanA discussion forum - final version (May 2015)

The curved line around the green field? Looks like a pregnant woman carrying the burden of the world.

Straight line is nice. And if it carries the idea of taking off, so much the better.

Now, how about a new partner logo?

++++++
Note by moderator: I have started a new thread for the "new partner of SuSanA logo" discussion here: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/10-gen...aq-logo-ideas-please
Carol McCreary
Public Hygiene Lets Us Stay Human (PHLUSH)
1240 W. Sims Way #59, Port Townsend, Washington 98368 USA

Toilet availability is a human right and well-designed sanitation systems restore health to our cities, our waters and our soils.
The following user(s) like this post: F H Mughal

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Ha-ha, funny how everyone is different and sees different things in different logos. :) Thanks for the feedback.

For me it reminds me of our SuSanA membership growth line (forum.susana.org/forum/statistics), always going up in a straight line. Or, more importantly of the number of people who are served with sustainable sanitation systems going up and up and up. ;-)
It also reminds me of the edge of a page, or turning a page. I also think it's smart how it traces the right edge of the words "sustainable", "sanitation", "alliance".
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: F H Mughal

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Can you do something about that straight line:

(The straight line instead of the curved line gives it better clarity, I think)

I'm sorry, but to me, it looks more like what we see on the aircraft's tail.

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan
The following user(s) like this post: christoph

• kengelly

I think it looks great!
Genevieve Kelly
Graduate Student | MBA & MPH
Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD USA | tel: 570-854-5075 skype: kengelly
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, Carol McCreary

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Thanks everyone for your inputs! We have tried to accommodate the feedback as best as we can, but of course it's hard to please everyone's taste.

As you can see at the top left of this page, we have settled for a "final" version for now.

I have also attached the file in case you want to use the new forum logo for your own promotional activities about the forum (like in powerpoint presentations).

And because it is so nice, here it is one more time:

Our thinking behind this logo:
  • We have reduced the size of the globe to make it less prominent
  • We have optimised the space so that the text of sustainable sanitation alliance and the dimensions are as close as possible to the normal SuSanA logo
  • The straight line instead of the curved line gives it better clarity, I think
We had to bring the process to an end eventually, and that is now. So this is for now the final version. :)

If someone in future has bright ideas for improvements, or even access to a design office who might do a new design for free or at low cost, just let me or the secretariat know (or put it into this thread).

Mughal: we didn't follow your suggestion of highlighting developing countries in the globe, because firstly, there are no countries shown on that globe and secondly, SuSanA is for everyone in all countries. Whilst the lack of sanitation is most dire in many developing countries, we also have issues of sustainability in industrialised countries, like pharmaceutical residues in drinking water, antibiotics resistance, peak phosphorus, use of urine in agriculture / in organic farming, legislation to allow composting toilets in the U.S. - to name but a few. So it would be wrong to think that SuSanA is only there for developing countries issues.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary, JKMakowka

• KaiMikkel
  • Toilet Activist

Of the options presented, I too like #4. :)
Kai Mikkel Førlie

Founding Member of Water-Wise Vermont (formerly Vermonters Against Toxic Sludge)

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Dear Elisabeth,

As you must have noticed, sanitation problems occur in developing countries (DCs), especially the poor DCs. Almost 100 per cent posts indicating sanitation problems pertain to DCs.

So, you need to reflect DCs; or, if want to keep globe, then highlight DCs in the globe.

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• sreuter
  • essential public services for all: clean waters, no waste - livable spaces.

I'd prefer a simpler version - option 1 without the globe and just the word 'forum' as is, but written in green color.

• Carol McCreary
  • I'm a volunteer at PHLUSH (Public Hygiene Lets Us Stay Human) www.phlush.org

I agree that the one Elisabeth has highlighted is the best. Balances nicely with the core logo.

Have you considered redesigning the SuSanA partner logo used on partner websites? It could be more attractive. The word Partner could be placed vertically in the same spot as "Forum". Globe could be replaced with another simple image or the right side could be blue rather than green.
Carol McCreary
Public Hygiene Lets Us Stay Human (PHLUSH)
1240 W. Sims Way #59, Port Townsend, Washington 98368 USA

Toilet availability is a human right and well-designed sanitation systems restore health to our cities, our waters and our soils.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• dorothee.spuhler
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

Me too, I could live with the existing logo but agree that a similar look to the SuSanA logo would be beneficial: I prefer 3b.
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds