Online Course in FSM, delivered by 6 institutes joined in Global eLearning Alliance (January 2016) - now kicked off in several countries

Page selection:
  • TinaVelkushanova

Re: FSM Online course

Dear Xonam 7
Thanks for your enquiry. I have replied to your email and forwarded it to the technical team so they can resolve this asap.

Let me know should you need further help with the registration process.

Best regards
Tina
Dr. Konstantina Velkushanova
Research Fellow
Pollution Research Group
School of Chemical Engineering
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Durban,South Africa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • TinaVelkushanova

Dear Julius (JKMakowka),

Thanks for your interest in the FSM online course. I have noticed you have already registered to take the course :) Shortly you will receive an email with instructions of how the course will be delivered over the next 4 months and the approximate study load per week. The average study load per week is 8 hours. Through the course you will need to complete 6 self-assessment tests and 2 written assignments to design, reflect or study.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards
Tina
Research Fellow
Pollution Research Group
Durban,South Africa

• xonam7

Ghana is not included in the country options.

• xonam7

i tried to register online, but could not proceed with payment because Ghana is not included in the options.

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Thanks for posting about this, probably a good opportunity for us self-learned professionals to get certificate about the topic from some very well known institutions.

I noticed that the exams are not yet available? I hope we will not have to follow a strict weekly schedule for everything as that will be difficult to fit into my calendar.

• TinaVelkushanova

Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that the Pollution Research Group is starting our first Online (e-learning) Course on Faecal sludge Management (from March until July 2016). The course was developed in partnership with a number of organisations under the Global Faecal Sludge Management e-Learning Alliance - UNESCO-IHE - Netherlands (the lead institution), EAWAG - Switzerland, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) - Thailand, Centre for Science & Environment (CSE) - India, International Institute for Water & Environmental Engineering (2iE) - Burkina Faso, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET) and the University of KwaZulu-Natal - South Africa. The Alliance is supported by a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

The course is highly recommended to young professionals and graduate students but also to professionals that are new in the FSM field. Please forward this information within your network and encourage the registration of potential candidates.

For more details please check the links provided below or contact us.
prg-durban.org.za/course/faecal-sludge-management/
eepurl.com/bRn8_9

Kind regards,
Tina
Research Fellow
Pollution Research Group
Durban,South Africa
The following user(s) like this post: JKMakowka, JotaCarlos

• Roshan
  • Program Officer, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Re: FSM On Line Course kicked off in several countries

Hi Colleagues,

Finally, the above mentioned FSM online courses are kicked off by several partners. UNESCO-IHE already started the online course from the first week of Janaury. AIT in Bangkok and 2iE in Ouagadougou and CSE in India are about to start the course. They are inviting applications to join the course.

Surprisingly, 2iE already received 250 applications for the course. Please share the following links your partners to join the course. The course will run for four months with all aspects on FSM.

www.2ie-edu.org/en/2ie-in-partnership-wi...l-sludge-management/
cseindia.org/fsm/onlinecourse.html
www.fsmonlinecourse-ait.com/
www.fsm-e-learning.net/

Partners from Bangaldesh (ITN-BUET) and South Africa (UKZN) will announce the course soon, too.

Best,

Roshan
Roshan Shrestha,PhD
Senior Program Officer
Global Development Division
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
Seattle - WA
Tel: +206 770 2453
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.gatesfoundation.org
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• MRonteltap
    Topic Author
  • Lecturer Sanitary Engineering teaching in SuSan at UNESCO-IHE

Re: New Online Course in FSM, delivered by 6 institutes joined in Global eLearning Alliance

Hi Rémi! Sorry I missed this question completely - good thing I was in touch with Elisabeth over something else!

The course length of the course is, like most of our other online courses, 4 months with a study load of 8 hours per week. If you would merge it all, you would end up with a 3 week full time course. If you succesfully complete all the assignments and pass the exam, you get 5 ECTS (European credit points). If you do more courses you can qualify for an extra diploma which is called a graduate professional diploma ( GPDP ).

More detailed info on the course you find here:
www.unesco-ihe.org/online-course-faecal-sludge-management
And registration here:
www.unesco-ihe.org/application-form-unes...972AC1257D8F0045F197

Please let me know if there's anything else unclear; we can trust Elisabeth to connect us :).

All the best, Mariska.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, rkaupp

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: New Online Course in FSM, delivered by 6 institutes joined in Global eLearning Alliance

I've fixed the broken link in Mariska's post now. It was due to the full stop at the end (a common occurrence when people put a full stop right at the end of the URL; better to leave a space).

So the correct link is:
www.unesco-ihe.org/news/global-e-learnin...al-sludge-management

But your other other questions I will leave for Mariska to answer. :-)
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: rkaupp

• rkaupp
  • Rémi Kaupp Executive Director, Container-Based Sanitation Alliance

Hi. Your link goes to "page not found". Also, when I go to www.unesco-ihe.org/news/global-e-learnin...al-sludge-management or www.unesco-ihe.org/online-course-faecal-sludge-management or www.fsm-e-learning.net/, there is no way to register or any indication of length of the course... despite having a deadline to register. Am I missing something?

Thank you - this still looks like a great initiative!

Rémi
Rémi Kaupp
Executive Director, Container-Based Sanitation Alliance

• MRonteltap
    Topic Author
  • Lecturer Sanitary Engineering teaching in SuSan at UNESCO-IHE

Online Course in FSM, delivered by 6 institutes joined in Global eLearning Alliance (January 2016) - now kicked off in several countries

Dear all,

I hope this post finds you well!

We have some exciting news to share: in January we will start with a new online course, on Faecal Sludge Management. The course is part of our BMGF project; was created by SANDEC/Eawag, UNESCO-IHE and partners; and is based on the FSM book (www.iwapublishing.com/books/978178040472...e-management-systems; www.eawag.ch/en/department/sandec/public...management-fsm-book/; www.unesco-ihe.org/sites/default/files/fsm_book_lr.pdf). The learning is enhanced by introductory key note speeches from experts from the field, case studies highlighting issues from the book in practice and examples of innovations.

Another novelty is that the course will not be delivered by UNESCO-IHE; you can also take the course at one of our other 5 partner institutes: the Centre for Environmental Studies (India), the Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand), Bangladesh University of Environmental Technology (Bangladesh), the International Institute for Environmental Engineering (Burkina Faso) and the University of KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa).
Please note that a (limited) number of scholarships is available! The course materials will be downloadable for free in due time, but for mentoring, personal input, assessment and creditation a registration is required.

The partner institutes are joined in a global e-learning alliance, of which all alumni become a partner.

Please check our news page for further information and links:
www.unesco-ihe.org/news/global-e-learnin...al-sludge-management

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us!

With best regards,
Mariska
_____
Dr.ir. Mariska Ronteltap
Senior Lecturer in Sanitary Engineering
Environmental Engineering and Water Technology Department
UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education
Westvest 7, 2611 AX Delft, The Netherlands
T: +31 15 215 1767 | E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: bipin, koba, JotaCarlos

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds