5th International Dry Toilet Conference 2015 - 19-22 August 2015 in Tampere, Finland - with SuSanA presence

34.4k views

Page selection:
  • emmaroach

Re: SuSanA at the 5th International Dry Toilet Conference 2015

Dear SuSanA members,

I am happy to announce once again that the SuSanA Secretariat, represented by Trevor Surridge and myself, will attend the Dry Toilet Conference 2015 in Tampere from 17th to 21st August.

I am writing to you to find out if you are interest in a WG 05 * meeting during the conference, which we would be happy to organise. If you are interested to be part of a WG 05 meeting please send me a short mail (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) stating your interest and what topics you would like to have covered in the WG 5 meeting. Your reply is important so that we can estimate the scope of attendants and make the necessary arrangements. I will follow up directly with you and the other interested people and inform you on venue and time of the WG 5 meeting.

Additionally, we are planning to have a networking dinner with all present SuSanA members during the conference. In case you are interested in joining us, please express your interest in a short mail to me. Regarding time and location for the dinner I will only follow up with those who expressed their interest in attending.

I will also post updates here in this thread.

We are very much looking forward to meeting you in Tampere.

Regards,

Emma on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat

* WG 05 stands for SuSanA Working Group 5 on "Food security and productive sanitation systems", see here: www.susana.org/en/working-groups/food-se...ve-sanitaion-systems

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: SuSanA at the 5th International Dry Toilet Conference 2015

Dear SuSanA partners,

SuSanA will have an exihibition booth at the 5th International Dry Toilet Conference 2015 in Tampere, Finland, from 19-22 August 2015. If you are attending the conference and would like to display a handful of your publications at the SuSanA booth, you are welcome to contact the SuSanA secretariat.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Tampere!

Kind regards,

Emma on behalf the SuSanA Secretariat
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

The following user(s) like this post: Doreen

• Karoliina
    Topic Author
  • I work as a Develoment Finance Manager at FELM, a Finnish NGO working on development aid projects. My backround is very much in the WASH sector, I worked in the Global Dry Toilet Association of Finland promoting dry toilet technologies, ecological sanitation and nutrient recycling.

Re: 5th International Dry Toilet Conference 2015 - Program and registration (19-22 August 2015 in Tampere, Finland)

Also themes under the topic Hi-tech solutions for dry sanitation in large cities and urban areas and Dry sanitation as a solution in mass events will be dealt with during the conference. Under these topics, themes such as entrepreneurship, as well as value-chain and youth co-operation through case studies from around the world will be presented. Also some pre-conference workshops will deal with these issues, and you are warmly welcome to take part!

Come join and learn about topics related to new innovative sanitation technologies and solutions in mass events and urban areas!

Registration and program: www.drytoilet.org/dt2015

• Karoliina
    Topic Author
  • I work as a Develoment Finance Manager at FELM, a Finnish NGO working on development aid projects. My backround is very much in the WASH sector, I worked in the Global Dry Toilet Association of Finland promoting dry toilet technologies, ecological sanitation and nutrient recycling.

Re: 5th International Dry Toilet Conference 2015 - Program and registration (19-22 August 2015 in Tampere, Finland)

Another topic is Effects and solutions of organic and un-organic residues in re-using excreta. Under this topic, themes such as reducing concentrations of pharmaceuticals in natural waters and urine will be discussed. Also feelings, such as fears related to using sanitized excreta will be discussed in more detail through case studies from around the world.

Come join in, get inspired about innovative solutions to recycling excreta and have a great chance to network!

• Karoliina
    Topic Author

Dear Doreen,

thank you for your comment! We will definitely be sure to post updates from the conference on this forum as well, and would be delighted to have you join in the next time! It would be very interesting to learn more about your project!

The next theme of the conference is Solutions to cultural challenges and stigmatization of dry sanitation. Under this topic themes such as reducing cultural barriers and inequalities from around the world will be discussed in more detail through case studies.

Come join in and get inspired about ways to reduce barriers from the way of dry sanitation!

The following user(s) like this post: Doreen

• Doreen

Dear All,

This sounds like a really interesting conference and it is unfortunate that the UBSUP programme in Kenya is not participating as we do have a lot to share about the progress that we have made in integrating dry toilets within the institutional framework of the water and health sector and addressing the full sanitation value chain.

More information about UBSUP is here: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/167-ma...-and-giz-kenya#11778

We have constructed UDDTs and have been able to train the clients in using them, we have identified Sanitation Team (emptiers) and have ensured that they are fully trained, registered and certified by the different institutions in the health and the water sector. In addition, we have constructed co-composting sheds and shall be scaling the concept to different counties through the different water service providers who are implementing the UBSUP programme.More information about our progress will be posted on our UBSUP SuSanA page.

I will definitely alert my colleagues to register early for the 6th International Dry Toilet Conference.

Enjoy the conference and please do inform us of the outcomes.

Best regards,

Doreen
Doreen Mbalo

GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Karoliina
    Topic Author

Thank you for your comment, to which we fully agree. We will have an interessting set of speakers and presentations during the conference, so perhaps some fresh ideas will be taken to China, as well!

During the conference, also the topic of "Innovative cost effective solutions to dry sanitation" will be addressed. Under this topic, innovations and case studies from around the world will be discussed and presented in more detail.

Come join in and get inspired about solutions to innovative, cost efficient, sustainable dry sanitation!

• scottchen
  • trying to set up the most profitable Ecosan project for the world

It is a pity that China authorities are still throwing money to the traditional waste water treatment plants. No voices for dry toilets.Wish you all a successful meeting!
The general manager of SHEN ZHEN BLUE WATERS AND GREEN MOUNTAINS LTD , the sole importer of Separett AB waterless toilets in China.
Chen Xiang Yang, an apple dealer,is growing apples and cherries with the human waste collected from 31 school UDDTs donated by SOHO China Foundation, based in Tianshui City, Gansu Province , China. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., tel:0086 151 9380 3972
The following user(s) like this post: Karoliina

• Karoliina
    Topic Author

"Solutions to food security" is another theme discussed during the conference. Under this topic the focal points are nutrient cycles and the impact of EcoSan on reducing pollution and increasing the standard of living in poor communities by providing nutrients to agricultural activities. Case studies from around the world will be presented in more detail.

Come join in and learn what's going on related to innovative solutions in the field of food security! This is your chance to learn about some of the latest research and have a chance to network!

• Karoliina
    Topic Author

Another topic addressed during the conference is "Solutions to nutrient recycling". Under this topic, researches about the impact of urine fertilizing on the yields will be discussed and urine fertilizer solutions presented.

Come join in, and learn about future solutions to nutrient recycling! The pre-conference workshop also addresses these topics, which offers a great chance to network and learn from the experiences of others in the field.

• Karoliina
    Topic Author

Re: Call for papers - 5th International Dry Toilet Conference 2015

The overall theme of the DT2015 conference is Solutions. The leading experts in the field of ecological sanitation will discuss solutions through 8 different topics during the conference.

The first topic is "Engaging different stakeholders in achieving sustainable dry sanitation solutions". Under this topic themes such as the future of EcoSan, the importance of networking and public participation, as well as case studies from around the world will be discussed and presented in more detail.

Come join in, get inspired about innovative solutions to sustainable dry sanitation practices and have a chance to network with professionals in the field!

• Karoliina
    Topic Author

Re: REGISTRATION OPEN: 5th International Dry Toilet Conference (Tampere, Finland)

The Global Dry Toilet Association of Finland warmly welcomes you to participate in the 5th International Dry Toilet Conference to be held in Tampere, Finland on 19th to 22nd of August 2015. The venue for the scientific conference is Tampere University of Applied Sciences.

The aim of the conference is to map out what kind of success stories and possible challenges the different actors have encountered during the last decades in the field of ecological sanitation, nutrient recyckling and dry toilet technology. Every three years the conference gatheres together the leading experts on these subjects and this year the focus will be on solutions.

The registration is now open and the early bird registration ends on 22nd of May 2005.

For more information and to register for the conference please visit: www.drytoilet.org/dt2015

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds