SuSanA library - recommended reads Working Group 2 on "Market Development"

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: SuSanA library - recommended reads Working Group 2 on "Market Development"

Thanks, John. I double checked: all three publications are already in the SuSanA library so that's good. But I have now also given them a filter tick for Working Group 2 (strangely that tick was not there yet, even though I think we had added that in the past already).

All publications recommended by Working Group 2 can be accessed from this page at the bottom: www.susana.org/en/working-groups/market-development

Or see here: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...ns/library/filter/39

There are 34 recommended reading publications now. That's probably a good number. If we wanted to add more then we might want to remove some older or less relevant ones. If we give people too many publications as "recommended reading for Working Group 2" then it gets less useful for them. Out of the 34 we have also selected the "Top-5". These can be viewed here:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/167-ma...evelopment-in-action

(the same structure exists for all the 13 working groups)

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • jsauer
  • Interested in sanitation market development and solving sanitation

John Sauer
Senior Technical Advisor - Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
Population Services International
1120 19th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036 | tel: 917-548-7779 | skype: john.sauer7960 | twitter: johnwsauer | email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• jonpar
    Topic Author
  • As part of the Engineering team, my role at IMC is to lead on the delivery of projects requiring specific expertise on urban sanitation (including excreta/waste/wastewater/stormwater management) focusing on technical, institutional and financial aspects in project design and implementation.

Dear SuSanA WG2 Members,

So far we've not received any feedback as to which documents you find useful in your work that you would recommend to others.

All we are looking for is the title of the document and a sentence or two why you think this is a really useful document that others people should take time to look at.

I propose that you have until the end of this month to send your list of recommendations. thanks in advance for your contributions.

best regards,

Jonathan
Dr. Jonathan Parkinson
Principal Consultant – Water and Sanitation
IMC Worldwide Ltd, Redhill, United Kingdom
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• AdaOkoWilliams

Re: Key documents for the sub-category on market development in action

Hello,

Some additional learning/ Reading materials on the subject of markets, entrepreneurship and sanitation. I hope you find them interesting and useful too.

Kindly.
Ada

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

• jonpar
    Topic Author
  • As part of the Engineering team, my role at IMC is to lead on the delivery of projects requiring specific expertise on urban sanitation (including excreta/waste/wastewater/stormwater management) focusing on technical, institutional and financial aspects in project design and implementation.

Dear SuSanA WG2 Members,

Please send your shortlist of most important documents that you have found to be consistency useful over a period of time and please include a sentence or two as to why you think should be listed as WG2's top recommended reads.

If there are documents that you want to recommended that are not on this list of 52, feel free to to recommend them.

best regards,

Jonathan
Dr. Jonathan Parkinson
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for this, and I look forward to receiving feedback from this working group!

I just wanted to point out that people can apply a "double filter" in the SuSanA library to narrow down the 52 documents currently associated with Working Group 2 to those deemed most important, by ticking "WG2" AND "recommended by SuSanA" in the filter of the library.

This currently gives these 7 results:
www.susana.org/en/resources/library?vbl_...39&vbl_10%5B18%5D=18

(we were looking for "Top 10" reads for each working group)

Happy to receive feedback.

Regards,
Elisabeth

P.S. We've done the same selection process for documents on topics of the other SuSanA working groups as well.
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: fppirco

• jonpar
    Topic Author

SuSanA library - recommended reads Working Group 2 on "Market Development"

Have you looked at the SuSanA library recently?

If you go to www.susana.org/en/resources/library you will find a huge array of documents for download. Why bother keeping them all on your hard drive when you can find all that you need on the SuSanA "cloud" ?

You can filter on a wide range of topics and themes - including technology, setting, region, language, type of resource, publisher as well as working group.

In the attached file, you will find 52 documents associated with Working Group 2 on "Market Development" (that's us !) listed in order of most popular viewed/downloaded). In case you are wondering, this working group was previously merged with the old Working Group on 'Finance and Economics').

I would like to give you the opportunity to look at this list and bring to the attention of the WG any documents that you consider to be recommended reads. Please circulate your shortlist of most important documents that you have found to be consistency useful over a period of time and please include a sentence or two as to why you think should be listed as WG2's top recommended reads.

If there are documents that you want to recommended that are not on this list of 52, feel free to to recommend them.

best regards,

Jonathan
Dr. Jonathan Parkinson

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) like this post: fppirco

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds